Image Map

DIY Felt Fall Garland!

A few weeks ago we guest-posted a DIY for felt fall air fresheners, and today we are showing a different twist on these supplies.

We had a bit of materials left over and while trying to decide what to do with them, I was also in the middle of decorating for fall and trying to keep things simpler this year. I chose to stick with pumpkins and warm cozies and leave it at that! When I noticed the felt sitting on my dining room table, I knew that it would be the perfect detail to add to my fall mantel.

Here is what you need:
Felt in fall colors
Template found here
Needle & Embroidery Floss, Yarn, String (something to string the felt onto)
First cut your shapes out. I chose to use the bird, pumpkin, and leaf in two colors for a total of 8. Use a warm iron to get the wrinkles out (Tip: I use my straight iron for these small projects!) Lay out your pattern. Thread your need and string your felt from the back through the font and out the back again, like shown in the bottom right corner. On the bird, I went through it a few times to get it to lay flat on the string.
That's it! Tie it off on the other end and hang it!

 photo Steph-Sig_zpsa0b0c879.png

2 comments:

  1. So cute hanging and so Fallish! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was thinking this would be pretty with all-white and gold ribbon to hang, too! :)

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear your feedback! Please leave your email address if you'd like us to reply specifically to you.