Image Map

October Treat: Candy Corn Cupcakes

I'll admit it: I go through bags of candy corn throughout the fall months. The second they hit the shelves at the grocery store, you can find them on my shelves in the pantry!

Not only do I love the candy themselves, but I love all the fun recipes and crafts they inspire! Take this oh-so-easy cupcake idea we're sharing today. Your favorite vanilla cupcake batter gets split in two, dyed orange and yellow, and layered in baking cups. Once cool, you dollop on a a bright white frosting and top each with a candy corn hat! Perfect for sharing at a party or for a fun baking activity with kids!
 Tips for Creating Perfect Candy Corn Cupcakes:
  • Stick with two layers of color, yellow and orange. I added a third white layer, but next time I'll skip that one.
  • Use the gel dyes if possible since they make a brighter color. (I had the original dyes.)
  • Spoon the layers in using a cookie scoop.
  • Gently tap the pan to flatten out the first layer, then add the second layer.
  • Make a stiff frosting to help create height on the cupcake.
You can dress these up even more by adding sparkly sugar or sprinkles on top. And make them grown-up by doing a lightly-sweetened whipped cream topping with a bit of fresh fruit on the side!

Candy corn inspire me...what inspires you?

 photo Can-Sig_zpsba361423.png

2 comments:

  1. I am a candy corn-aholic. Unlike you Candace, I cannot even pass them on the candy corn isle~~~ throws me into a candy corn monster! I love the cupcakes.....so cute and creative!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I have been known to open a bag in a grocery store, too :) This would be a fun little baking project with your little ones!

      Delete

We'd love to hear your feedback! Please leave your email address if you'd like us to reply specifically to you.