Image Map

Our Favorites: October Edition

STEPHANIE
1. Top o' the Morn Farms Chocolate Glass Bottled Milk- This is definitely a local favorite! Top o' the Morn Farms offers fresh bottled milk both for pick-up and delivery. We have it delivered regularly to our home and love waking up to fresh milk on our doorstep. The first time we tried the chocolate, we were hooked! It is like a milkshake--so good, so rich, and super chocolatey. It's supposed to be a great post-workout recovery drink as well, which is a great reason to drink, if you work out. (Or if you don't, like me, drink it anyway!)
2. The Wet Brush - I first discovered this brush at the salon where I get my hair cut, and being fresh off of a bathtime nightmare with wet tangled hair on my little one I decided to give it a try and it worked! It's fantastic. The bristles bend and move while brushing so that they don't pull and tug, making bathtime so much more peaceful!
3. Ebates - Christmas is only 56 days away! I am gearing up over here to start doing some major shopping and ebates is a great money saving tool. All you do is sign up for an account (free), click on the store you want to shop (it takes you right to their site), make your purchase, then ebates sends you a money back check! I have received over $200 back and I plan to use it for all of my online shopping this year.
4. Mom's Five-Second Memory Journal - I love this little memory journal. It has a variety of scenarios and questions and it really only takes a few second to fill in a page. It's a great way to jot down some things to remember, especially when our lives seem to fly by while our little ones are little.
5. The Lone Bellow - I discovered this band while watching Hart of Dixie. They have a great, soft, folky feel and I have been really enjoying listening to their music while driving. Check them out!

CANDACE
1. Travels With Charley: In Search of America by Jon Steinbeck - I don't always get to read as much as I'd like to, but books like this inspire me to make the time. This memoir describes Steinbeck's journey across America and back home again accompanied only with his dog Charley. It's a beautifully written memoir that makes me both appreciate my home and long to see more.
2. Pumpkins! Whether I'm cooking with them or decorating with them, they are definitely favorites this month.
3. Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Bittersweet Chocolate Bar - It's a baking bar, but who says I need to bake with this? I've been enjoying a square as a delectable treat in the evening. I think I'll get myself a piece right now.
4. Coconut Flour - I've been cutting out grains (I know...it's tough to miss out on all the delicious baked goods right now) and coconut flour has saved the day! I recently made a killer banana bread using coconut and almond flour! The best news? It's high in fiber and low in carbs. Which leaves more room for that chocolate.
5. G.H. Bass Arti Moto Boots in Dark Grey - Steph and I recently joined forces on an awesome deal (buy one pair of boots, get two free!) and I scored these cuties. I love the color and the cozy fur on the inside. Looking forward to wearing these all season long!

These are our favorites this month. What are yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We'd love to hear your feedback! Please leave your email address if you'd like us to reply specifically to you.