Image Map

Salted Caramel Popcorn

When I was a kid, I loved Cracker Jacks...and not because of the prize inside. For me, as both a caramel lover and a snack lover, Cracker Jacks was the perfect treat!

So when I found out I could make my own light, crunchy caramel popcorn, I was in! You can use any ol' caramel sauce, but of course I recommend using the best ever caramel sauce we shared recently. After all, using the best ever caramel sauce will make the best ever caramel popcorn!
Step 1: Make a batch of fresh popcorn.
Step 2: Heat up 3/4 cup of caramel sauce. Pour over the popcorn and use a spatula to mix well.
Step 3: Spread caramel popcorn in a single layer on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
Step 4: Sprinkle sea salt over the popcorn.
Step 5: Bake for 15 minutes at 300 degrees, flipping the popcorn every five minutes.
Step 6: Let cool...and enjoy! (I recommend throwing in a handful of candy corn!)
If you're able to save any, this makes a fantastic gift. Just put in a cute cellophane bag, tie with a festive ribbon, and make someone very happy :)

What do you think of this? Anyone as obsessed with caramel as we are?!
 photo Can-Sig_zpsba361423.png

3 comments:

  1. I need to taste this! : ) The recipe I have comes from Rosalee and it has baking soda added to the caramel at the last instant which makes it foam so it comes out light and airy. I've never thought of using regular caramel sauce. I want to try yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cutest bowls ever! Where did you get those?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Target :) They were 2 for $1! Love a good deal.

    ReplyDelete

We'd love to hear your feedback! Please leave your email address if you'd like us to reply specifically to you.